US Market Entry
Our US operations are headquartered in Washington DC – and for good reason. The Washington DC metropolitan area is one of the most attractive and popular locations for foreign companies wanting to establish a presence in the US, particularly if they are European companies in the information, communications and technology sectors:
- Government market. It is the focal point for doing business with the US government.
- Technology market. It is the largest market for information, communications and technology in the US. The size and importance of the government market in the Greater Washington region draws a large number of commercial sector companies to the area, many of which are technology and IT focused. Defense and biotechnology companies are also well-represented in the region.
- Strategic partnering. It is a good place to find strategic partners. Government procurement polices stimulate and encourage strategic partnering by ensuring that prime contractors outsource a proportion of their contracts to smaller companies and small and disadvantaged businesses. The area is well represented with systems integrators, VARS, OEMs, distributors and other government contractors and service providers.
- Location. Washington DC is a major communications hub and affords good access by air from Europe as well as from the rest of the US. Two-thirds of the population of the US lives within one day’s drive of Washington DC.
Tucker & Partners provides market entry services for companies mostly in the information, communications, and technology and sectors. We provide, or manage the provision of, all services required for setting up a business in the Washington DC area, including:
- Management services. Our management team will provide all the management services required to run an office for you, deal with logistics, and all aspects of running your business in the US, including providing regular management reports.
- Company administration. If required, we will manage the setting up and administration of a company for you including managing the input from lawyers, accountants and other professional services firms.
- Business development and outsourced sales. We will provide business development services and outsourced sales, as required, in both the commercial and government sectors.
- Structured approach. We offer a structured approach to market entry. We start with a detailed market evaluation, prepare business plan and adopt a structured, process-driven approach to business development and sales and marketing. When critical mass has been achieved, we help you build your own team around the processes and market presence we have developed.
- Provision of experienced local management. Most of our team members have had management experience in small businesses as well as in Fortune 500 companies. Most of the team members have also lived and worked in the Washington DC for a large part of their careers, understand the local business culture well, and have well-established business networks.
- Team-based approach. We are strong believers in a team approach, which has many benefits, including:
- Speed to market. You will benefit from the collective wisdom of our team from day one, and from our team’s extensive network of C-level connections and “warm connections”.
- Flexibility and scalability. We offer an expandable and flexible resource for developing your business.
- Resilience and lower personnel risk. You are not reliant on a single executive. One of the biggest problems of for companies hiring an individual to run operations in a new territory is making a bad hire.
- Provision of local infrastructure. If an office is needed, you can either use ours, or we will locate a suitable office and run it for you.
Benefits of Our Approach
Entering the US market is challenging and costly if you don’t get it right. We can help you to:
- reduce the investment needed;
- accelerate the market entry process;
- improve your chances of success;
- reduce the risks of market entry;
- can test the market before committing long term investment